Since its inception, Il Cenacolo has sought to achieve these goals:
* Promote socio-cultural exchange among its members;
* Stimulate friendly relations among Italians, Italian-Americans, and Americans;
* Promote all activities of Italian Culture (food, wine, music, art and literature);
* Encourage the study and speaking of the Italian language;
* Honor in various ways those who have distinguished themselves in their field (culture, food, wine, music, art, literature, history, science, etc.);
* Support worthy cultural causes including scholarships for students of the Adler Program at the San Francisco Opera, and for students of Italian language, literature, arts and culture at various Bay Area universities and colleges.