Hope you were all warm and well during February—seems especially cold and wet for this time of the year. March should be better, with a promise of Spring, if it ever gets here!
Our thanks to John Benson for wonderful luncheon programs by interesting speakers. Our March luncheon speakers to be presented by Ephraim Hirsch and listed at the top of this bulletin should also keep all of us culturally up to date.
Sadly I report that we have lost two more of our members since our last bulletin: George Lippi and Ross Hoffman (as noted later in this bulletin under In Memoriam). They were great friends and will be remembered as our loving companions in Italian Culture.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
1. The March 13th Italian, Irish & Israeli Club Luncheon at the SFIAC.
Ron Fenolio is putting a Cenacolo Table together—contact him if interested;
2. The April 5th Leonardo da Vinci Club Gala honoring the 500th anniversary of the
demise of Leonardo—our vice president David Cobb is putting a Cenacolo table
together—contact him if interested (see announcement page at end of bulletin);
3. May 24th San Francisco Italian Symphony. We have just over 20 tickets left @$25/seat.
Contact Ron Derenzi or Alex Rynecki to purchase at this very reasonable price (see
announcement page at end of bulletin);
4. A June 2019 San Francisco Opera production of Carmen. Bill Dito will be reserving
tickets (details TBA)—call him if interested;
5. Our June 27th Annual Membership General Meeting will be held at the SFIAC—
members only please;
6. Our Sep 22nd Opera Outing will again be held at the Marin Art & Garden Center, Ross. Chuck Stagliano and Stewart Hume are putting this together—should be another enjoyable time;
7. A Sep 2019 Italian Movie by the Leonardo Da Vinci Club is being organized by David Cobb—more details to follow;
8. An October 2019 Italian Dinner & a Film (Italian Film Festival in San Rafael) is also being set up by David Cobb;
9. Our December 15th Holiday Gala will again be held at the St. Francis Yacht Club—
always a popular hit;
10. A Guided Tour of the San Francisco Opera House is being set up by Chuck Stagliano—
details to follow.
As you can see, we have serveral interesting and exciting events planned for 2019, (a plethora, in fact!) as well as our usual weekly luncheons, which your Board of Directors strives to make inspiring and enjoyable. Bring your guests— they won’t be disappointed!